Friday, May 14, 2010

OneNote publishing

I really enjoy using OneNote from Office 2007. It's a little known tool that looks like a notebook on your screen. It allows you to write using keyboard and pen and include other files like video, audio, diagrams... into it.
It is very cool way for people to collaborate on project. I know some companies that were using it to (co)write specs or design documentation in it. All the needed to do was to create a new notebook on shared folder and them everybody can start writing into it (at the same time).

What was missing for me was a way to collaborate over web. Naturally, Microsoft offered a way to collaborate through SharePoint, but I do not have SharePoint available for everything that I do. Is there some alternative that I do not know about?

In cases when you just want to publish your OneNote notebook over the web, you can use OneNote Web Exporter. It creates an .html file and set of OneNote files that you can put on a web server.

No comments:

Post a Comment